« Home | <$BlogPreviousItemTitle$> »

Well it seems we're all "busy" these days... is it just me, or are we all trying "to do" a massive amount of "things" at the same time?

YES-Scotland had two FANTASTIC speakers on Sunday 4th Jun, both of whom flew in from London especially to present - to SIX people!!! (two on crew and four paying guests)

Wow!! To say i'm embarrassed is an understatement!

Ok, I wasn't there either - I think i've missed four mtgs now since i started the YES-Scotland group just over three years ago (April 2003), but WoW, what IS going on?

I'm sure we all have various distractions. I sent out two email reminders and one SMS to over 800 previous attendees.

I know maybe i could have improved the email content.
Maybe I could've sent more reminders, including "what you missed at the last event"
Maybe people in Scotland are just not interested in Personal Development and learning anymore?
Maybe we should change venues to Edinburgh or Perth again
Maybe we should change to Wed eves (they're just about to revert to Wed eves at YES-London from the current Fri eves)
Maybe the entry price is too high? (the dilemma is we need reserves to cover room hire in case only a small amount of people turn up!)
Maybe we should have mtgs only once per quarter as they do in Ireland and Holland.

I would LOVE some feedback... as far as I'm aware, every person who attends always says that they rec'd fantastic value for money... and you know that it's always diff every month, and we've always had amazingly good spkrs.

Here's the deal... I have some FABULOUS spkrs lined up, and they are all prepared to travel to present to YES-Scotland, at their own expense, and therefore i would like to have the largest audience possible for them... so before i confirm their bookings, it would be useful to collate responses from those who have already attended a YES-Scotland meeting.

I'm assuming that even tho we are all "busy", one or two of you will find the time to reply with your thoughts...
here's a thought... if only one or two reply and they suggest we meet on a Thurs lunchtime, guess what is likely to happen...

I'm looking fwd to realising that there are people out there who care enuf to respond and i look fwd to yr feedback.

smiles

Mike ;-)
PS. Thanks to those who were at the last InspireScotland06 event, within 3weeks after that event, i had 105 bookings for the NEXT event! Considering they didn't know where or when or who would be speaking, that is an INCREDIBLE testimony - so THANK YOU! I can confirm that the next InspireScotland06 event will be in Edinburgh on Sunday 29th October and I am SO EXCITED at the speaker line-up!! Website is being updated now. Meanwhile keep your eye on www.Scotland2006.com
PPS. Pass it on